Domaine Chancelle - Thierry & Lydie Chancelle logo

Domaine Chancelle

Thierry & Lydie Chancelle

4 13 7795 KM

Domaine Chancelle

Our vineyard has been in the family for five generations: Thierry and Lydie have been running it since 2000. It overlooks the Loire and is located 9 kilometers east of Saumur and 3 kilometers from the Royal Abbey of Fontevraud. The estate cultivates 14 hectares divided into 26 plots on clay-limestone hillsides. The grape variety is 60% Cabernet Franc with which we produce Saumur Champigny (red wine), exclusively with the oldest vines. With the youngest vines we offer rosé wines, among others the Saumur Rosé. The remaining 40% are planted with Chenin or Pineau de Loire, which are mainly available in Saumur blanc, Crémant de Loire, and when the weather conditions allow it, a Côteaux de Saumur, a sweet wine with a very long aging potential. As far as the cultivation practices of the vine are concerned, the soil is worked on the cavaillon and we keep the natural grass cover on the row itself. The protection of the vine is mainly done using Bordeaux mixture and sulphur. The wines are all made from manual harvests. The alcoholic and malolactic fermentations for Saumur Champigny take place in vats, then aging for 6 to 12 months takes place in tuns. Rosé wines are vinified only in vats. Those of white wines, such as white Saumur, are practiced in vats and casks for a period of 6 to 10 months, this breeding is done on lees with regular stirring without malolactic fermentation. Soft vinifications, absence of filtrations and small doses of sulfur during bottling are carried out in the ancestral setting of our cellars in "tuffeau" typical of our Saumur region. We practice in our profession in the respect of traditions, to the rhythm of nature and the climate without any indoctrination. Our wines are certainly a representation of the claimed appellations, but also an expression of ourselves.

Information

 

Edit Domain description

IntroStep 1

Tell us about your domain history, your family’s role in it and what makes your wine special.

Our app supports four languages: Italian, English, French, and Japanese. You can write your domain's story in any of these languages, and our app will automatically translate it into the other three. Just remember to check the translations to ensure they accurately reflect your unique story.

Select the language you wrote your description in:

To make sure all users all over the world can read this, make sure you select the original language of the text you added. Translate it in the next step.

Wines at Domaine Chancelle

White Wines

Saumur Blanc - Domaine Chancelle - thierry-lydie-chancelle
WINE MADE BY A NATURAL WINEMAKER
Saumur Blanc
Chenin Blanc
AOC Saumur
Saumur Champigny - Domaine Chancelle - thierry-lydie-chancelle
WINE MADE BY A NATURAL WINEMAKER
Saumur Champigny
Cabernet Franc
AOC Saumur Champigny
Coup De Foudre - Domaine Chancelle - thierry-lydie-chancelle
WINE MADE BY A NATURAL WINEMAKER
Coup De Foudre
Cabernet Franc
AOC Saumur Champigny

Rosé Wines

Coteaux de Saumur - Domaine Chancelle - thierry-lydie-chancelle
WINE MADE BY A NATURAL WINEMAKER
Coteaux De Saumur
Cabernet Franc
AOC Coteaux de Saumur

Orange Wines

No orange wines at the moment.

Sparkling wines

No sparkling wines at the moment.

 

Contact

Information: